With the advancement in world technology, new sectors, industries and careers have emerged and they’ve proven to be effective. Since the pandemic, a lot of businesses have moved online and there has been an increase in demand for digital careers among professionals.
This article covers what you need to know to build your digital career
What is a Digital Career?
A digital career is any virtual job one does in order to make a living. It spans different skills or combinations of skills. It is simply offering digital services to individuals or firms.
What Digital Careers are There to Choose From?
There are lots of digital career paths to choose from depending on your preference. They include but are not limited to:
- Digital marketing
- Content writing
- Search engine optimization/marketing (SEO/SEM)
- Graphic design and branding
- Community management
- Web development
- Data analysis
- Cyber security
- Mobile app developer
- Human resource management
- Virtual assistant
It would interest you to know that a lot of jobs are even going virtual now, so there’s actually a wide range of options you can choose from and are not limited to the above listed.
Recommended for You: 5 Truths No One Would Tell You About Starting an Online Business
What Digital Skills Do I Need to Start a Digital Career?
To start a digital career, there are some basic skills you need to have, depending on the particular career path you wish to opt for. The following skills are needed;
- Digital marketing: You need to understand the basics of digital marketing such as running ads and tracking analytics, content writing and copywriting, email marketing, SEO and basic design skills
- Graphic design and branding: You need to understand the elements of design, colors, typography and as well know how to use basic designing tools such as Adobe photoshop, adobe illustrator, canva, among others.
- Community management: This digital career path is quite similar to digital marketing but its main focus is building and managing online communities for lead generation and retaining existing customers. Skills needed for community management include organizational skills, persuasive skills, empathetic understanding, curiosity, and even content writing is necessary.
- Virtual Assistant: Virtual assistants require a combination of skills as they mostly offer a wide range of services to different businesses. A virtual assistant may be responsible for content writing, administrative tasks, email management, graphic design, appointment scheduling, lead generation, and lots more, which also require digital marketing skills as a core.
Which Digital Skilled Jobs are in Demand Today?
Due to the increased use of technology and software, the following digital skills are more needed than ever:
- Copywriting/content writing
- SEO optimization
- Graphic design
- Social media management/marketing
- Email marketing
- Game development
- Web/App design
- Video/Animation editing
7 Easy Steps to Build a Successful Digital Career
- Develop a high-demand digital skill. This is the most effective way of building a successful digital career, a low-demand digital skill puts you behind in your career journey.
- Network with other digital professionals. A quality network allows you to connect with like minds and learn from their mistakes and success. Aside from that, you stand a chance of being recommended for jobs if you’re good with your skills.
- Be CONSISTENT – Show up every day. A lot of people give up in the early days of their career because they failed to show up. Be everywhere, help people with your skills, network with great minds- this will not only help you in marketing yourself, it also helps you showcase your expertise to the world.
- Present yourself as a brand. Present yourself in a more professional way while building your career. This will create opportunities to strengthen your network.
- Get a website. A website is your identity online; imagine applying for a physical job without a CV. A website allows you to showcase your expertise, portfolio, reviews and build customers’ trust.
- Master the art of analysis, optimizing and producing good results.
- Upskill. As you build your digital career, learn some other basic digital skills. It makes you unique among competitors and gives you an edge when it comes to showcasing your expertise.
Want to Launch and Scale Your Digital Career?
If you are considering a digital career this year, then you need to sign up for the DIGITAL CAREER ONBOARDERS COURSE. The course covers sessions where you will be guided through the basics of digital skills and learn platforms or tools to optimize for growth. You will also be led through the implementation of what the course covers, using your own business/initiative.
There’s more! The course covers a bonus [You’ll be shown step-by-step processes to reach your first 6 Figures]. Now isn’t that great? Click here now to access the course.
“We believe people should not be limited in work and life by a lack of digital skills and that the next generation of digital innov ators should be supported”— Sally Caughey, UK head of Digitall Inclusion
At this point, I’ll oblige you to take charge of your own digital upskilling and digitize yourself as this would be the best step you’d take towards the fulfilling career and lifestyle you deserve.
Finally, digital careers are lucrative but not easy to build. It requires more effort, consistency and discipline to build digital careers, and it’s important to have a guide to keep you on track.
Get my latest updates delivered to you via email – SUBSCRIBE NOW!
Get Help to Launch a Successful Business!
Hi, my name is Giftie and I want to help you Launch a Successful Business.
Having done a number of online businesses with a major focus on marketing, I have earned 6 Figures repeatedly for myself and even more for my clients; I can boast of the fact that this is your best bet for a successful business this year!
I’ll personally coach you on Business and Marketing and help you build the sustainable career you deserve.
Join my FREE mailing list and get insider tips on how to start your journey.